Photographs are a wonderful way to commemorate your visit to the Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens. We encourage guests to take casual photographs for their own personal use within the guidelines of the facility. A permit is required for those using the Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens for posed photography, such as wedding, engagement, and family photos, or commercial photography.
- Please silence cell phones and refrain from loud conversations so that all may enjoy the peace and serenity of the gardens.
- Thank you for not using profanity in the gardens
- For the safety of plants and visitors, please refrain from walking in planting beds.
- Please use caution when walking on the conservatory pathways, surfaces may be wet. It is recommended to wear rubber-soled shoes.
- If you are visiting with children, for their safety, please keep them within sight. No children under the age of 13 are allowed in the gardens without adult supervision.
- No outside food or beverages allowed in the Nicholas Conservatory. Food and beverages are available for purchase from our in-house café.
- Feeding fish and other wildlife is prohibited. For the health of the wildlife, please do not throw coins or wade in the water features.
- No skateboards, bicycles, wagons, rollerblades/skates, razor scooters or retractable ‘heely’ shoes
- Smoking is prohibited within 50 feet of garden structures and facilities.
- Rockford Park District and Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens are not responsible for lost or stolen items.